Editing Text Exercises
To Cut and Paste Text
- Highlight the word Flat.
- Click on the Cut Tool (shown as a pair of scissors).
- Move the cursor to where you want to place the text.
- Paste it at the end of the sentence by clicking on the Paste Tool (shown as
The flat round table was .
Following the instructions above, place these sentences in order.
|We need to buy shoes.
||We go to the store.
|| We go home.
| We find shoes that fit.
||I try on shoes that are too big.
||We buy the shoes.
To Copy and Paste Text
- Highlight a sentence.
- Click on the Copy Tool (shown as two pieces of paper).
- Place cursor where you want to place text.
- Click on the Paste Tool ( shown as a clipboard).
- Arrange the sentences so they appear in this order 1,3,5,2,4, but leave the
original ones intact.
1. Aim high - aim for the moon - if you miss, you'll just catch yourself on a
2. Have patience with all things -- but first of all, with yourself.
3. All things are difficult before they are easy.
4. In life, many things will catch your eye, but few will capture your heart -
5. Whether you think you can or think you can't you're right.